This church welcomes you no matter who you are, where you come from, or why you are here. We are Christ’s people, and this is Christ’s place, with its doors and its table open wide. If you are passing through, Godspeed. If you are looking for a home, stay here. If you need instruction, learn from us as we learn from you. We invite visitors to join us, but most of all, to return often.
We affirm this faith community’s commitment to providing opportunities for Christian growth for our children, youth and families. With joy, excitement and passion, we welcome all seekers to join us in a journey of faith that brings with it a discovery of who we are and whose we are—beloved children of God. Join us and begin a very special journey!
Our two Sunday morning services at 8:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. –
- Our 8:30 Informal Service, conducted in our Fellowship Hall, is well suited to young families & early risers of all ages.
- Our traditional service at 10:30 a.m. Choir and congregational singing is accompanied by our 36-rank Schoenstein pipe organ, one of the finest in the Pacific Northwest.
Children are encouraged to attend either service. Child care is available at the traditional 10:30 service. Sunday school will be held on the third Sunday of each month during the 10:30 service. Children will be dismissed at the appropriate time during the second service.
Join us on Sunday mornings for music, inspiration, scriptures, and meditation. Following worship, enjoy refreshments and fellowship in the Fellowship Hall. Let’s get acquainted.
MISSION STUDY 2012
This MISSION STUDY REPORT is the fruit of an intensive six-month examination of our congregation by the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) with three purposes in mind:
- Create a snapshot of our church, so that, as the PNC, we will be better equipped to call a pastor whose skills and experience will align with this congregation.
- Provide the congregation with a mirror showing who we are with an invitation to participate in God’s work in this community before our next called pastor arrives.
- Articulate the Mission of First Presbyterian Church of Medford both to our own members and to those who may consider serving as our next pastor.
The report is available for you to review. To look at the complete report or to look at individual sections of the report, click on one of the following:
. . . . .This report is prepared by the 2012 Pastor Nominating Committee in preparation for the search for a new pastor. The report was presented to the congregation July 15, 2012 at a Congregational Meeting.
The 2013 Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) is:
Alternate: Andy Ullrich
Worship with us on Sunday or stop by during the week. Our church office is open to serve you:
Monday — Thursday — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Friday — Closed
HOLIDAY CLOSURES FOR THE CHURCH OFFICE:
November 1 — closing early at 11 a.m.
November 21-23 — Thanksgiving
Christmas — December 21 through January 1
HOLIDAY SCHOOL CLOSURES:
PRESCHOOL closed for:
Thanksgiving — November 22-23
Christmas — December 24 to January 4
Martin Luther King Day — January 21, 2013
President’s Day — February 18, 2013
Spring Break — March 25-29, 2013
SARAH CORSON CHILD CARE closed for:
Thanksgiving — November 22-23
Christmas through New Year’s — December 24 through January 1
We are on the corner of 8th and Holly in downtown Medford.
For more information, call us at 541-779-1711, ext. “0”.